Winter News 2017/18
Get ready for Winter with us here at Abbey Tyres!
With temperatures dropping into the low single digits, the performance of your tyres and brakes becomes ever more crucial. Stay safe this winter and drop in for a free check-up.
Call us now on 01489 896200 or email us to book an appointment.
Would you pass our Winter Checklist Challenge?
Come and see us if not!
- Antifreeze check coolant level regularly and, if needed, top-up with a mixture of the correct type of antifreeze to ensure adequate cold temperature protection.
- Battery this is the most common cause of winter breakdowns. Batteries more than a few years old may struggle in the cold so let us check your starting power.
- Lights check and clean all lights regularly to make sure you can see and be seen clearly. We can supply spare bulbs for your emergency kit.
- Windscreen keep your screen clean by using use a 50% mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce the chance of freezing in frosty weather. Now is a good time to check and we can supply replacement wiper blades at competetive prices.
- Final Top Tip stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of Vaseline on rubber door seals.
- and don't forget your snowchains!
Take advantage of our laser guided equipment and 4 post ramp to get your tracking checked and adjusted to ensure you plough a straight furrow through any snowy conditions.Don't forget that our skilled team can provide servicing of your car, along with other repair jobs. So if there's something not quite right or you hear a rattle or a squeak, we can probably help.
We can also do pre-MoT checks and arrange an MoT, looking at a variety of checkpoints to give your motor the best chance of getting through. Call us now on 01489 896200 or email us to book an appointment.
Classic/Track Day CarsAt Abbey Tyres, we're definitely classic car and bike enthusiasts and appreciate the value of having the right tyres to go with the right wheels (especially on the MGB). Call us for a chat about your classic motor and we'll do our best to find the right tyres for your pride and joy.
HorseboxesBeing out in the heart of the beautiful Hampshire countryside, Many of our customers with equine interests returned to us time and time again. Why not join them and get your horse box tyres checked to make sure they're safe and ready to transport your ponies and horses. Call us now on 01489 896200 or email us to book an appointment.
Visit our Online Shop which lets you to put in your registration number to find tyres straightaway. The site shows the wide variety of tyres that we stock, giving plenty of options at different prices.
You can also book a time for them to be fitted which is convenient to you while enjoying a nice glass of something warming, all from the comfort of your own armchair!
Why Choose Abbey Tyres?
- Read our Testimonials!
- Over 10 years experience
- Honest and trustworthy service
- Associate Member of the Society of Operations Engineers (AMSOE)
- Associate Member of the Institute of Transportation Road Engineers (AMIRTE)
We are a local, friendly, independent tyre supplier and fitter situated in Bishop's Waltham, Hampshire, who can source tyres from the UK and Europe. Our aim is to make buying tyres a simple task, with honest, straightforward pricing and a service that you can trust - no more wondering if you've got the right tyre at the right price!
Call us, or fill in the tyre quote form on the 'quote me' page and we'll get back to you
as quickly as possible with a range of prices for the tyres you need. And if you don't know which tyre(s) fit your vehicle,
simply use our tyre info pages above to find out.
At Abbey Tyres, the customer is ALWAYS first. We look forward to speaking to you and to
supplying you with a service that, we hope, means that you'll never go elsewhere for tyres again!
David and Alison Trott,
Abbey Tyres, Bishop's Waltham